Welcome to Alluring Smile, formerly known as Anne Hathaway Web where pride is taken in offering you the latest & greatest on rising Hollywood star Anne Hathaway. Head over to the Information section to learn more on the girl behind the fame or take a look around to see what else the site has to offer. Whatever you do, enjoy your stay!
The Media Archive • There are thousands of images, fanart and videos to browse through, so be sure to have a look around.
2012 | Les Misérables
Annie as Fantine
2012 | The Dark Knight Rises
Annie as Selina Kyle/Catwoman
Status: July 20, 2012
“I gave up my struggle with perfection a long time ago. That is a concept I don't find very interesting anymore. Everyone just wants to look good in the photographs. I think that is where some of the pressure comes from. Be happy. Be yourself, the day is about a lot more.”
• Maintained by: Anca
• Original Owner: Amy
• Since: July 16, 2005 (Version 22)
• Listed at: CE
• Hits: 1297201 (since March 2010)
• Best viewed with Firefox
© Alluring Smile • 2005-2012
Alluring Smile is a non-profit fansite. We are not affiliated in any way with Anne Hathaway or anyone representing her. Please do not send any fanmail or hatemail to us. We are simply fans. All graphics and content were made exclusively for this site - do not reproduce. Absolutely no copyright infringement is intended - all content is copyright of its original owner. If you have a complaint about any content featured here, please contact the webmaster.
• “I look my best after an entire hair and makeup team has spent hours perfecting me. When do I feel my best? When I haven’t looked in a mirror for days, and I’m doing things that make me happy.”
• “Kindness is really important to me in finding my own prince – so are patience and a sense of humor. Without those qualities he’s no Prince Charming!”
• “I really don’t drink, I don’t do drugs. I feel like right now I’ve been given so many opportunities I don’t want to mess it up with those things … I think I was raised in a solidly upper-middle class family who had really strong values and excess was not one of the things that my family put up with.” On avoiding the hard partying young-star life style
• “She is just divine. As a human being, she has basically accomplished everything that I want to do … It’s not that she just gets inside the character, she’s just absolutely at the center of all of her choices, of the truth of the character.” On working with Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada.
• “She can act sweet, but she’s fundamentally a predator.” On her character Lureen in Brokeback Mountain.
• “In Hollywood you have to be careful if you go above a six, then you’re considered fat. I’m considered to be, I hope, an actress, and you can get away with a couple of extra pounds if you are trading on your talent instead of your sex appeal. I don’t have time to be tortured about me weight.”
• “Over the last few years I’ve learned that the Next Big Thing is something a lot of people wish and want for you – but what you wish for yourself is really important too.”
• “College is such a unique time because you’re learning a little bit how to be an adult. You’re learning how to take care of yourself without parental influence, and you’re exposed to so many great minds. I feel like I didn’t even know how to think until I got to college.” On the importance of a college education.
• “I’ve worked with people and I’ve known people that were really competitive but I’ve always said that I take an Elizabeth Bennett philosophy of life – I laugh. I love my job but if it means hurting someone I won’t do it.”
• “I’m more proud of that film than anything I have created.” on Brokeback Mountain.
• “I got into this business to be an actress, to scare myself, and force myself into a place outside of my comfort zone. I have nothing against The Princess Diaries – but it has been a brick wall at times for my career.”
• “I disagree with a couple of the stances of the Catholic Church. My older brother is gay and it’s important for me to be able to love him completely and freely and it’s important for me to spread beliefs in the world that are not going to limit people in their love.I can’t support a religion that doesn’t support my brother.”
• “Films are letting me get older, which is really nice, because there was always this fear of what happens when I stop being a teenager. But for everyone else, it was kind of a sharp left.”
• “I think that fashion can be a lot of fun. I love clothes, but I recognize that it should only be a hobby. Some clothes that are more design-based look better on women with figures like wire hangers, because that’s the nature of the design. I won’t wear those clothes.”
• “I’ll be honest with you, it really, really, really annoys me, the image that’s put out there for women. These tiny, tiny bodies, with absolutely no fat at all on them. It’s unhealthy, plain and simple, and there are only a handful of women in the world who are naturally like that. It makes me sick.”
• “I’m very choosy! It drives my agent nuts.”
• “… it’s not something that I have ever aspired to be or courted because I think the second that you say, “Oh, I am a role model and that’s why I make the decisions that I make,” you’ve kind of shot yourself in the foot. A role model is somebody that does things because of what they believe in regardless of what other people think.” Her views on role models
• “I cry terribly easily. Just a minute ago, I was reading an article about Kate Winslet in Vogue, and I love her so much, I started crying, realizing how great she is and how far I have to go.”
• “I’ve had directors say to me, ‘You’re the best actress for the role, but you’ve put on weight recently.’ If people can’t understand you’ve put on five pounds, I don’t want to deal with them.”
• “Obsessing about weight is a big old waste of time.”
• “I love working and I feel satisfied when I know I have literally given all the energy that I have. That being said, work is not my No. 1 priority. I don’t think it can come at the expense of your family, your friends and your ‘significant other’ if you have one.”
• “I’m very aware of my own background. I’m Irish, French and then a little bit of everything else thrown in, ranging from German to native American. We’re talking about tiny drops of blood.”
• “I spent a lot of time in the early part of my career staying within the same realm with a lot of my film choices. I don’t regret that, considering that my first movie was … a very popular film. So, all of a sudden, I had opportunities, I had attention, I had buzz and heat and all those things that people tell you you are supposed to work for and I didn’t know if I could act.”
• “When I first saw the clothes, I said, it looks kind of like what Anastasia [in the 1997 animated film] would have put on the first minute she found out she was actually Russian royalty.’ She’s mixing the knits that have kept her warm with the glam stuff she inherited from her grandmother.” on her royal crush at TeenVogue shoot
• “I’ve never been at a photo shoot where I didn’t act for a single minute. That would be boring. I’d much rather imagine that I’m a girl at Coney Island in the 1920s.” on prefering to inhabit a character even when she’s being photographed as herself
• “I wore a lot of hats. One of them was this really big faux–fur Louis Vuitton thing; it almost looked like a superhigh–fashion pimp hat. Oh, God. Now someone from Louis Vuitton is going to call and say,”—and here, the actress slips into a hilariously fake French accent—”Stop calling eet a peemp hat.” on big tops
• “The problem, with being a nice, sweet person [in Hollywood] is that people just assume you’re, sort of, not smart enough to see the pitfalls and the darkness. Somehow, being dark authenticates you. I’m a pretty happy person, and people think that I’m a little…And I am not, an idiot.” on Hollywood
• “Very few people ever note the tragic irony of Jane Austen’s genius, that she had a very sad life, a very hard life, and to a certain extent, I’m sure, a lonely life. I’ve been single—everyone has—and you know, it’s easier being with someone. Your baseline level of happiness is a lot higher. For me, at least.” on Jane and dating
• “My New Year’s resolution, this year, was actually to find my inner rock star and liberate her. I’m still working on it.” on her new year’s resolution
• “Making out with him is like the yummiest lollipop. Dipped in sunshine. And wrapped around in a masculine wrapper.” on performing love scenes with Steve Carell in Get Smart
• “That was tough. I hesitate to talk about Heath. He was special in so many ways. I can tell you that I feel I cared about him more than I actually knew him. It was devastating, and the people who were closest to him should talk about him in their own time.” on the death of her Brokeback Mountain costar Heath Ledger
• “I try not to date where I work. It makes life easier. I don’t say no to anybody because I’d hope that people wouldn’t say no to me just because I’m an actor – but they’d have to be pretty extraordinary.” on dating actors