Welcome to Alluring Smile, formerly known as Anne Hathaway Web where pride is taken in offering you the latest & greatest on rising Hollywood star Anne Hathaway. Head over to the Information section to learn more on the girl behind the fame or take a look around to see what else the site has to offer. Whatever you do, enjoy your stay!
The Media Archive • There are thousands of images, fanart and videos to browse through, so be sure to have a look around.
2012 | Les Misérables
Annie as Fantine
2012 | The Dark Knight Rises
Annie as Selina Kyle/Catwoman
Status: July 20, 2012
“I gave up my struggle with perfection a long time ago. That is a concept I don't find very interesting anymore. Everyone just wants to look good in the photographs. I think that is where some of the pressure comes from. Be happy. Be yourself, the day is about a lot more.”
• Maintained by: Anca
• Original Owner: Amy
• Since: July 16, 2005 (Version 22)
• Listed at: CE
• Hits: 1116893 (since March 2010)
• Best viewed with Firefox
© Alluring Smile • 2005-2012
Alluring Smile is a non-profit fansite. We are not affiliated in any way with Anne Hathaway or anyone representing her. Please do not send any fanmail or hatemail to us. We are simply fans. All graphics and content were made exclusively for this site - do not reproduce. Absolutely no copyright infringement is intended - all content is copyright of its original owner. If you have a complaint about any content featured here, please contact the webmaster.
• First and only teenager admitted to the acting program at the award-winning The Barrow Group in New York. Three days before being cast in “Get Real” (1999), she performed in two concerts at Carnegie Hall as member of All- Eastern U.S. High School Honors Chorus.
• Appeared at both 1999 Teen Choice Awards and 1999 Billboard Awards, introducing musical acts.
• In his column “Just for Variety” published on October 25, 2000 in Daily Variety, columnist Army Archerd quotes Garry Marshall, the director of The Princess Diaries (2001): “The multi-talented Hathaway is a combination Julia Roberts, Audrey Hepburn and Judy Garland.”
• Goes by the name Annie with all of her friends.
• Has the same name as William Shakespeare’s wife, Anne Hathaway.
• Named one of People Magazine’s ‘Breakthrough Stars of 2001′.
• Named one of Teen People Magazine’s 25 Hottest Stars Under 25 in its June 2002 issue.
• Won the Clarence Derwent Award for her performance as Lili in the City Center Encores! production of Carnival (2002)
• She is lactose intolerant, and a vegetarian.
• Was nominated for the Paper Mill’s “Rising Star Award” for the best high school performance by an actress in New Jersey
• She was nominated for the 2002 Teens Choice Award in the Best Actress/ Comedy (The Princess Diaries (2001)) series category.
• In 1998, was nominated for Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role at the Paper Mill Playhouse “Rising Star Awards”, an award given to high schools across New Jersey. Ironically, she was nominated for playing the Princess in “Once Upon A Mattress”. To further the irony, she lost to a girl who was played the exact same role. The nomination billet listed her as Annie Hathaway.
• Everyone knows that The Princess Diaries (2001) was her breakthrough role, but it is a little known fact that she auditioned for that part on her way to New Zealand to co-star in another film with Christopher Gorham. She reported to others on the set that she felt really good about the audition. Film-makers knew that she would be a big star, so the film in question, The Other Side of Heaven (2001), was delayed in post production and released after The Princess Diaries (2001) in order to capitalize on her stardom.
• Was not available for role of Christine Daae in The Phantom of the Opera (2004) due to contractual obligation to Disney for The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement (2004).. The two movies had overlapping filming schedules.
• Has stated that she would only appear nude/topless in a film if she felt it would add significance to it. She appeared topless for the first time in Havoc (2005) and then in the same year in Brokeback Mountain (2005).
• Named one of Teen People Magazine’s 25 Hottest Stars Under 25 in its June 2006 issue for the second time. She was also on the list in 2002.
• Was ranked #85 on FHM’s sexiest women in the world list 2006.
• In July 2006 she spent a week in Nicaragua helping vaccinate kids there against Hepatitis A. She called the experience “..an eye opener” for her.
• Beat out Sienna Miller for the role of “Lureen Twist” in the movie Brokeback Mountain (2005).
• Was very reluctant to take on the role of Jane Austen in Becoming Jane (2007) as she didn’t think she would be suited for the role but Ang Lee, who was directing Anne in Brokeback Mountain (2005) (and who also directed Sense and Sensibility (1995)) persuaded her to take on the role.
• Learning how to play the piano and working with a dialect coach for Becoming Jane (2007).
• She is an honoree of women’s empowerment organization the Step Up Women’s Network and is also an advisor for the Lollipop Theater Network, that screens movies in hospitals for the terminally ill.
• In 2004 received Chanel’s Spotlight Award for Emerging Talent.
• Named #85 in FHM magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006″ supplement. (2006).
• Bust 36C (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine).
• Back in 2001, she suffered under depressions.
• After the release of The Princess Diaries (2001), Anne’s hometown newspaper, The Item, printed an article comparing Anne to Greta Garbo because of the paper’s inability to get an interview with Anne (who was busy making movies and living in LA at the time).
• She grew up in Millburn Township, New Jersey, which is adjacent to the town of Summit, NJ, which is the hometown of her The Devil Wears Prada (2006) co-star Meryl Streep. It is also adjacent to Maplewood, NJ, which has Columbia High School that Zach Braff attended (as well as Grammy-winning artist and former Fugee Lauryn Hill), and Zach Braff’s “Scrubs” (2001) co-star, John C. McGinley, attended Millburn High School – Anne’s alma mater.
• Ranked #80 on Askmen.com’s 100 Most desirable Women in the World. (2006).
• One of People Magazine’s 100 Most Beautiful People in the world. (2006).
• Her TV debut was in a Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate commercial filmed in 1997 in Maplewood, New Jersey.
• Was almost cast as Johanna in Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007), but Tim Burton wanted an unknown actress for the role, and newcomer Jayne Wisener got the role.
• Named as one People Magazine’s 100 Most Beautiful People in the world 2007.
• Turned down the lead role in Knocked Up (2007).
• Accidentally fell off of her chair during her audition for the role of the klutzy princess in The Princess Diaries (2001). She was hired on the spot.
• Ranked #6 by InStyle magazine as one of the 10 most stylish stars in Hollywood (2007).
• Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#18). (2007).
• Announced as the new face of “Lancome” (January 01, 2008).
• Ranked #63 on Askmen.com’s 100 Most Desirable Women in the World. (2008).
• Was ranked #3 on Entertainment Weekly’s ’30 Under 30′ the actress list. (2008).
• Ranked #51 in FHM magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2008″ supplement. (2008).
• Has split with her boyfriend, Raffaello Follieri (June 2008).